Associated Press Calls Out Barack Obama
Posted by John Hitchcock on 2011/10/10
Barack Obama’s campaign tactic of a “jobs” bill and his continuous dishonest spinning of it is too much for even the Associated Press to carry his water. Ed Morrissey has the story.
Last week, the Associated Press’ fact check of a speech implied that Barack Obama might be losing touch with reality. Today, they make the argument more explicit in reporting on Obama’s push on his new jobs bill. Their headline reads “Obama’s jobs bill sales pitch disconnects rhetoric, reality,” and they take him to task for it (via Rob Port):
When Obama accuses Republicans of standing in the way of his nearly $450 billion plan, he ignores the fact that his own party has struggled to unite behind the proposal.
When the president says Republicans haven’t explained what they oppose in the plan, he skips over the fact that Republicans who control the House actually have done that in detail.
And when he calls on Congress to “pass this bill now,” he slides past the point that Democrats control the Senate and were never prepared to move immediately, given other priorities. Senators are expected to vote Tuesday on opening debate on the bill, a month after the president unveiled it with a call for its immediate passage.
The AP concludes that Obama is campaigning, not governing, which has become painfully obvious ever since his speech to a joint session of Congress a month ago. The bill itself contains a number of poison pills that even his own party rejected in 2009, when Democrats had full control of Washington. In fact, Senate Democrats have had to change the rules to keep Obama’s bill from getting a vote at all, not because Republicans oppose it but because a number of Democrats oppose it as well, at least in the form Obama has been pushing the last four weeks.
When the Chicago Thug is so far out to sea that even the Associated Press refuses to carry water for him, you know he’s definitely gone. It’s getting to the point that the normally sycophantic mainstream media can no longer shill for him and maintain what they believe to be their integrity. What remains of his fawning masses are his ever-thinning ranks of delusional lemmings, which are becoming ever more delusional and ever more lemming as time passes. Obama has an absolutely huge problem of his own making. There is a litany of lies, corruption, collusion, obstruction of justice in his wake.
- The “jobs” bill and the propaganda that even the press can’t carry.
- Fast and Furious, involving ATF, DOJ, White House, FBI and others, consisting of over 2,000 guns allowed to be illegally bought (ATF actually illegally selling them to the illegal buyers), illegally walked across the border into Mexico, and over 200 dead bodies on both sides of the border.
- Punishing the whistle blowers by demoting them, trying to engulf those with integrity with the dirty corruption, promoting those heavily involved in the criminal activity and bringing them closer to the DOJ command center to keep a better watch on them.
- Lying to Congress, refusing to release documents, providing documents to Congress so heavily redacted as to be of no worth, refusing to allow other members of the departments to testify before Congress.
- Solyndra, LightSquared, SolarReserve, First Solar, SunPower, the 5 billion dollars in Federal Loan guarantees going out on the very last day of operation, benefiting the Obama campaign contributors and bundlers. And we’re just scratching the surface with these.
- All manner of other corrupt activity.
Soon, all that will be left of Obama’s delusional lemmings will be only the most delusional of all and the most lemming of all. No reasonable person will be able to carry Obama’s water and still maintain any sense of propriety.
One Response to “Associated Press Calls Out Barack Obama”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.